Here’s what my twitter bio says: (It really says this, I wrote it myself.)
Iowan.Writer of smart genre fiction. A lover of all things syfy, fantasy, GSDs. A Jewish hero or heroine in all my work. Author of the award-winning Captured.
Even if it is unstated, all my heroines are Jewish – from Mari in Captured, to Cara in Come Back to Me, to Eva in Beauty and the Feast, to Sara in Incorporeal, to Dr. Meera Driver in my fun Vixen comics. All of them.
1. I may be a mix of things, but I’m Jewish. My world view was and is shaped by my Jewish roots, my Jewish family, my Jewish experiences, my Jewish education, the study of the Hebrew language and the Hebrew Bible, along with the New Testament (Hey, Jesus was a total Jew.), and my obsession with the study of history and religions.
2. I hate TSTL heroines. Hate ’em with a grand passion.
3. Every heroine I write is an aspect of me. Thus she/they is/are Jewish. And I’ve thrown some Jewish heroes into the stories for good measure.
4. Jewish women are hot. Get used to it. Sexy does not negate smart. Neither does smart negate sexy. Smart IS sexy.
5. I ain’t gonna hide what I am. I’m proud to be Jewish. I’m proud of what I write. I write what I want. And what I want is to write books about competent, complex, canny Jewish women.
Read my books. You will like them.
(Remember, sometimes I do plug my own books on this blog!)